These are some of the design management philosophies I have
- Proactive career planning
- Prioritizing well being. Take time to recharge
- Transparency (both on my end and theirs)
- Be the defense for my team
Be a team player
- Open communication and collaboration with teams
- Humility - embrace mistakes, everyone makes them
- Candor - helps you and everyone else grow
- Design is a team sport - Bring cross-functional partners along on the design journey
- Know for who you are designing for and why
- Take a research first approach or an iterative one, but always measure your work with users.
Critique and share
- Be consistent - use existing patterns over new ones whenever possible
- In addition to helping you deliver a better outcome, sharing your work helps others grow as well.